If interested, please use the contact information for the Huntington Coordinator at the Board of Elections below. Thank you!
Help Protect The Integrity of Our Elections!
Irresponsible spending, a town budget exceeding the tax cap, rezoning changing the landscape of our town, overdevelopment with no consideration given to crime, open space, heavy traffic, water quality and parking concerns: one must wonder if the issues we’re living with today were totally avoidable.
Shortage of Republican Elections Inspectors in Huntington
The Suffolk County Board of Elections does everything in a bipartisan manner. Elections inspectors hired to work at the polling places on Election Day are hired on a bipartisan basis.
At every table in your polling place, there should be a Republican and a Democrat sitting side-by-side, checking voters' signatures -- and challenging those signatures if they do not match the signature on file in the poll roster book, stopping illegal electioneering inside the poling place, ensuring only eligible voters are voting, and protecting the privacy of the voter. There is one problem:
We have a massive shortage of Republican election inspectors in the Town of Huntington.
When a town has a shortage of Republican elections inspectors, the Board of Elections pulls poll workers in from other towns and other parties to work in place of the Republican that should be at the Election District tables at your polling place on Election Day!
Do you trust a team of two Democrats or a team of a Democrat and a non-Republican to ensure a fair and accurate election for all voters? Are you confident that, in the absence of a Republican working at your Election District table, that your rights as a voter will be protected?
Elections Inspectors must:
- Protect the integrity of the election
- Protect voter privacy
- Check the accuracy of the voter's signature against the signature on file in the poll roster book -- and be willing to challenge a voter whose signature does not match
- Stop illegal electioneering inside and around the polling place to ensure a fair election for all voters and candidates
- Ensure only eligible voters are voting in your Election District
- Never tell a voter they cannot vote; help voters find their correct Election District and/or polling place
We need trusted, vigilant Huntington Republicans to step up and work the polls on Election Day!
Here are the details of what that entails:
- Yearly 3-hour paid training/certification class prior to working that year's elections
- Working 16.5 hours on Election Day (5:00 AM to 9:30 PM)
- Pay: $12.50/hour (rate set and paid by Suffolk County)
- Must be a registered voter in Suffolk County (if you are not registered, contact the Huntington Coordinator for Elections Inspectors below to request a voter registration form)
Think of it as doing your civic duty and getting paid for it!
Save The Date! 2017 Election Dates:
2017 is a critical election year -- we have the opportunity to take back Town Board and the County Legislature -- and the Board of Elections needs people to work the following election dates:
- Primary Election Day -- Tuesday, September 12, 2017 (5:00 AM to 9:30 PM)
- General Election Day -- Tuesday, November 7, 2017 (5:00 AM to 9:30 PM)
Provide the following information to expedite your application:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Home Address (where you are registered to vote, no P.O. Boxes, but also provide different mailing address if you have one)
- Mobile Phone
- Home Phone
- Email Address
Contact the Republican Coordinator for Huntington Elections Inspectors at the Suffolk County Board of Elections: (631) 852-4526
If you would like to inquire by mail:
ATTN: Huntington Republican Inspector Coordinator
Suffolk County Board of Elections
PO Box 700
Yaphank, NY 11980