The Huntington Republican Committee welcomes full-time and part-time student interns at our Headquarters throughout the year. Our committee is responsible for organizing a coordinated campaign to elect Republicans at the local, state, and federal levels -- and, following incredible victories for the Republican Team here in Huntington in 2016 and 2017, the 2018 election cycle is sure to be competitive.
We are seeking reliable, politically-minded students to assist our team with campaigns & committee operations during the competitive 2018 campaign cycle.
An internship with our organization will give students an in-depth look into campaign politics: Interns will have the opportunity to work directly with candidates and campaign professionals in the areas of field, data, fundraising, communications, research and more.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Recruit, Train, and Manage Volunteers
- Develop and Execute our Social Media Strategy
- Attend and Coordinate Campaign Events
- Accurately Maintain our Voter & Donor Database
- Assist Target Campaigns with their Voter Outreach Efforts
- Organize Voter Registration Drives
- Write Blog Posts & Coordinate our Letters-to-the-Editor Program
Internships are unpaid, but eligible students can be provided with academic credit, service hours, or simply a unique learning experience. Letters of Recommendation may be offered to students who complete at least ten hours per week.
For additional information, or to apply for a position, please contact Chairman Toni Tepe at 631-549-6800 or fill out the response form below.